In the field of metal fabrication where steel cutting is required, DIY users engaged in DIY operations have always raised initial questions about what is the best abrasive product for efficient cutting of stainless steel and mild steel. There are several key factors in choosing the right power tool for your project and the most efficient steel cutting abrasive for your project. For DIY users, these factors depend to a large extent on the type of material that needs to be cut, the thickness of the metal that needs to be cut, and the accessibility of the metal area that needs to be cut. Our goal is to use the best abrasives for the following work.
Best steel cutting tool
1.Steel can be cut using a variety of power equipment, depending on the shape of the steel that needs to be cut. Bench-mounted hacksaws will fit into 14-inch 350mm or 16-inch 400mm cutting blades, which is best suited for heavier steel structures, as gang saws can cut almost any metal with the right cutting blade.
2.The tabletop drip saw is especially suitable for cutting steel of repeated lengths quickly and accurately. The limitation of this tool is that it can only be cut at a right angle of 90o. For thin, cumbersome work, cars, a rotating or air tool may be your weapon of choice. These tools are especially useful for accessing hard-to-reach areas where heavy, bulky tools cannot be manipulated. You can also use a hacksaw to cut metal, but this is a tedious task for a tool that can be done in a short time.
3.However, due to its size, economy and power, the most popular and versatile power tool for cutting steel is the angle grinder. Angle grinder practicality. Angle grinders of various sizes can be purchased to suit different sizes of grinder cutting disc. Each angle grinder will operate at a different RPM to suit the corresponding grinder cutting disc, so it is important not to install a wrong size grinder cutting disc on the angle grinder. They will also have a protective cover that must not be removed to accommodate a grinder cutting disc that is not suitable for the size of the grinder.
Angle grinders include spindle washers and spindle nuts, which you will install in different configurations to accommodate thicker or thinner hubs, or remove the wire grinder cutting disc and cup when screwed onto the threaded spindle . In Australia, the most popular angle grinders are 4″ 100mm and 5″ 125mm for professional manufacturers and DIY users.
Select the contour of the grinder cutting disc for Steel
There are two types of conventional grinder cutting disc suitable for angle grinders:
Type 1: flat;
Type 2:the center of the flat grinder cutting disc is concave in the center of the plane.
In general, Type 1 grinder cutting disc have more versatility, especially when cutting contours, corners or any object that requires the operator to cut on two different planes of the cutting surface.
On the other hand, the Type 2 wheel is ideal for entering narrow corners or overhanging areas.The recessed center of the Type 2 wheel provides the extra clearance that is sometimes required to get the job done. It is highly recommended that general DIY users purchase a flat Type 1 grinder cutting disc, which is a more popular type of grinder cutting disc.
Select the particle and mass of the grinder cutting disc
The most popular grain used to make grinder cutting disc cuttings is alumina. This is a softer bond that enables fast, smooth and easy to control cuts.
These alumina grinder cutting disc are available in INOX grade quality, which means the grinder cutting disc are iron-free and therefore have the ability to cut stainless steel and low carbon steel. If the grinder cutting disc is not specified for stainless steel or INOX is printed on the label, it is likely to be suitable for low carbon steel cutting only. Since stainless steel is one of the harder to cut steels, stainless steel grinder cutting disc cut into all types of metals, including aluminum, sheet metal, rebar and other mild steel.
- Free from iron, sulphur and chlorine. Special disc for cutting stainless steel. For food industrial.
- 1.6mm thickness can fast The extra smooth cutting disc is characterized by its fast and smooth cutting with low contact pressure.
- Super-long durability
- High-speed cutting
- No need to change the wheels even for different material’s cutting.
Select the thickness of the grinder cutting disc
The grinder cutting disc are available in different thicknesses. The type of grinder cutting disc you choose depends on the type,sharp and thickness of steel that needs to cut. For everyday use on angled grinders on stainless steel or mild steel. For work, please select a 1mm or 1.6mm cut off disc.
1mm or 1.6mm cut off disc for cutting steel
- 1.0mm thickness cutting disc can satisfy fast cutting with little burr and offer durability,can fast cutting different material(include metal, stainless steel & INOX), minimize friction, increase sharpness, and prevent stainless sheet hot corrosion. Especially used for stainless steel, have the excellent abrasive performance and extra working life in application of stainless steel. obvious advantage among the competition of various brands.
- 1.6mm thickness can fast cut different material, minimize the friction of steel, obvious advantage among the competition of various brands.
- Applicable to DIY market
|100 x 1 x22.23||T41||AS60T-BF||SS/S||80m/s||15300|
|100 x 1.6 x 16||T41||AS46T-BF||SS/S||80m/s||15300|
|115 x 1 x 22.23||T41||AS60T-BF||SS/S||80m/s||13300|
|115 x 1.6 x 22.23||T41||AS46T-BF||SS/S||80m/s||13300|
|125 x 1 x 22.23||T41||AS60T-BF||SS/S||80m/s||12200|
|125 x 1.6 x22.23||T41||AS46T-BF||SS/S||80m/s||12200|
|150 x 1.6 x 22.23||T41||AS46T-BF||SS/S||80m/s||10200|
|180 x 1.6 x22.23||T41||AS46T-BF||SS/S||80m/s||8600|
|230 x 1.9 x22.23||T41||AS46T-BF||SS/S||80m/s||6600|
For items involving thin metals such as sheet metal, choose a 1.0mm or 0.8mm thin grinder cutting disc. These thinner discs will make the metal plate faster, so once done, it can reduce discoloration and reduce metal surface cleaning.
1.0mm or 0.8mm thin grinder cutting disc.
- The extra fine cutting discs evolution AS60V with a thickness of 0.8mm
- The extra smooth cutting disc is characterized by its fast and smooth cutting with low contact pressure.
|115 x 0.8 x 22.23||T41||AS60V-BF||SS(INOX)/S||80m/s||13300|
|125 x 0.8 x 22.23||T41||AS60V-BF||SS(INOX)/S||80m/s||12200|
When using aluminum, the best result is to use cutting wax or other types of saw lubricant on the grinder cutting disc to maintain blade life and avoid chipping. For heavier steel cutting operations that require cutting a large amount of metal, choose a 1.6mm or 2.5mm grinder cutting disc. However, it is important to note that thicker grinder cutting disc are slower to cut and produce more friction and heat during the cutting process – often discoloring the workpiece and requiring additional steps to complete.
1.6mm or 2.5mm grinder cutting disc for cutting aluminium
- aluminium cutting disc used on angle grinder.
- Fast cutting for various materials with Minimum friction and low-calorie output, to reduce the pollution of the material.
- With excellent cutting performance and super-long service life for the application.
|115*1.0*22.23||T41||CA 60 ALU||Alu||80m/s||13300|
|115*1.6*22.23||T41||CA 46 ALU||Alu||80m/s||13300|
|125*1.0*22.23||T41||CA 60 ALU||Alu||80m/s||12200|
|125*1.6*22.23||T41||CA 46 ALU||Alu||80m/s||12200|
|180*1.6*22.23||T41||CA 46 ALU||Alu||80m/s||8600|
|230*1.9*22.23||T41||CA 46 ALU||Alu||80m/s||6600|
Tips for using the grinder cutting disc on an angle grinder
- The first rule when using an angle grinder is safety.
- This means; use a grinder cutting disc suitable for the grinding machine of this size, appropriate safety pliers (safety gloves, masks, safety glasses, etc.) to allow the grinder cutting disc to work – do not push the grinder cutting disc and pay attention to your work.
- It is important to use uniform pressure and consistent motion during the cutting process.
- Let the wheel finish the work and use the weight of the tool to complete the cut.
- Excessive force increases the cutting speed, but it also generates heat and friction, which ultimately shortens the life of the wheel and is extremely dangerous.
A good abrasive supplier will stock a range of grinder cutting disc for mild steel and stainless steel. At BINIC Abrasive, we stock cut abrasives to fit all different sizes of blanking/cut saws, pneumatic tools, rotary tools, roloc tools and angle grinders. We sell high quality grinder cutting disc for the metal manufacturing market.
With a wide range of high quality industrial consumables of ever-increasing quality, our value is value for money. BINIC also offers grinder cutting disc for all steels in a range of thicknesses to suit your application. Check out our entire range of grinder cutting disc here.
BINIC-China abrasive manufacturer – If you have questions about these products or any abrasives, our sales and technical experts will be happy to help you. You can send a message in the contact form below.